Egg-less Ragi Cookies with HoneyThese are healthy cookies made with finger millet flour and is sweetened with honey. These cookies are easy to make and are made without egg.
Yield: 12 Cookies
- Finger millet flour / Ragi flour : 1 cup
- Corn Flour : 2 tablespoons
- Honey : 1/4 cup
- Butter : 1/4 cup
- Milk : 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract : 1 teaspoon
- Cashews / Almonds, for decorating the cookies (optional)
- Dry roast ragi flour in low heat till slight aroma comes.
- Transfer the roasted ragi flour into a bowl. To it add corn flour and mix well.
- Melt butter and add the warm melted butter to the flour mixture and then add honey, vanilla extract, milk and mix well. The cookie dough will be slightly sticky but will come together when left to rest for couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325F / 170 C / 150 Fan / Gas Mark 3. Prepare the cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Take a tablespoon of cookie dough, roll it into ball and gently press it, a cashew half can be pressed in the center of the cookie and arrange it in the cookie sheet. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes till the cookie is done.
- Let it cool completely and then enjoy the cookies.
- Just heat the butter till it is melted and then add the warm melted butter to the flour.
- I used a tablespoon measure for dividing the cookie dough, to get same size cookies.
- Baking time varies with the size of the cookie and its thickness.
- I have used cashew half in the center of the cookie, if you do not want to add nuts, you can simply put crisscross with the back of the fork.
Recipe Developed, Baked and Clicked By Divya Prakash