Today I am here with Apricot muffins recipe. We got some fresh apricots this week from the store and as they were tangy no one at home was ready to eat it. So decided to use it for baking and baked muffins using them. The muffins came out very soft and moist. These are made without egg and butter.
Apricot Muffins RecipeSoft and moist Muffins made with fresh apricots. These are made without egg and butter.
Prep time : Baking time : Total time :
Yield: about 12 muffins
- Fresh Apricots (chopped) : 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour : 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder : 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda : 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar : 3/4 cup
- Yogurt : 1 cup
- Oil : 1/2 cup
- Milk : 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract : 1 teaspoon
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F / 180 C / 160 Fan / Gas Mark 4. Prepare the muffin pan by greasing and flouring it and keep it ready.
- In bowl, sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix yogurt and sugar well. Then add milk, oil and vanilla extract to it and mix well.
- Add this yogurt mixture little by little to flour mixture and mix well till a smooth batter is formed.
- Now add the chopped apricots to the batter and mix well such that they are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Now add the batter in the prepared muffin pan such that each cup is about 3/4 th full.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool slightly then remove from the muffin pan and then let it cool completely and then serve.
- To get 1/2 cup of chopped apricots I used 2 apricots. But this depends on their size. I washed them, removed the seeds and then chopped them into bite sized pieces and used.
- Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.
- Baking time varies with each oven. Check yours accordingly. These muffins took 18 minutes in my oven.