Today I am here with Gobi 65 recipe. Cauliflower florets are dipped in a spicy batter and are deep fried and served. This is an addictive snack, I must say. This is one of the easiest recipe and if you make this dish as an appetizer for the party, am sure it is going to be a hit. Not only that, this can also be served as a side dish to rice. My kids love cauliflower as such, but they love Gobi 65 even more.
Gobi 65 Recipe - Restaurant styleRecipe for restaurant style crispy fried cauliflower florets. This easy to make vegan snack is very addictive. Prep time:   Cook time:   Total time:
Yield: 4 servings
Cauliflower : 1 no (about 4 cups)
Besan / Gram flour : 5 Tablespoons
All purpose flour : 2 Tablespoon
Corn flour : 2 Tablespoons
Turmeric powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder : 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder : 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder : 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tablespoon
Water, 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons
Red Food color : as needed (optional)
Salt, as required
Oil, to deep fry
Curry leaves, 1 or 2 sprig
- Cut Cauliflower into florets, add them to hot water with a teaspoon of salt and keep them covered for at least 5 minutes. Then drain the water and keep them aside.
- In a bowl, combine all flours together. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix well. Then add ginger garlic paste, required salt and add required water and mix well to form a smooth mixture. If adding food color, add and mix well.
- Now add the cauliflower florets to this flour mixture and mix well, such that all florets are evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil and fry the florets in batches.
- When all the florets are fried, fry some curry leaves and use them for garnishing.
- Serve it warm.
- I used one cauliflower. When cut into florets, I got about 4 cups.
- Make sure all the excess water is completely drained, before adding to the prepared flour mixture. If needed, use towel, to wipe off excess moisture.
- Adjust chilli powder, as per your heat tolerance level.
- Adding food color is optional.
- Temperature of oil is very essential for crispy Gobi 65. If the oil is too hot then the cauliflower will get browned fast but not completely cooked through. If the oil is not hot enough the cauliflower will be soggy.
- While frying in batches, don't over crowd.
Recipe developed, cooked and clicked by Divya Prakash