Today I am here with an easy Indian chocolate dessert- Chocolate Peda / Chocolate milk peda. I have used a quick and easy recipe to prepare this Chocolate Peda which I have adapted from Doodh peda which I have already posted here. This dessert is quick to prepare with milk powder, condensed milk and cocoa powder.
My son is a big fan of Chocolate and I wanted to make some sweet with chocolate for him this diwali. I had seen few of my fellow bloggers post chocolate peda with fresh homemade Khoya/mawa. But I didn't have much time to prepare khoya, so thought will follow the recipe of Doodh peda with few changes to make chocolate peda. I have also made the video of preparation of this Chocolate Peda and added it to Youtube too. It came out very well and both my kids loved it, especially my son. This is one of the sweet I made for for this Diwali and I am planning to make Gulab Jamun as well. Not only for Diwali, this sweet can be made anytime even for parties.
Milk powder, 2 cups
Un sweetened Cocoa powder, 1/2 cup
Sweetened Condensed milk, 1 can (about 397 grams)
Milk, 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Chopped nuts, as needed
How to make Chocolate peda at home?
- In a bowl, add milk powder, cocoa powder and mix well. Then to this add condensed milk and mix well. Then add milk to this and mix well. Take care that the mixture is smooth without any lumps.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter in a heavy bottomed pan (preferably non-stick), add the prepared mixture and cook it in medium to low flame, keep stirring continuously.
- After cooking for few minutes, the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan. When the mixture is rolled it will form a ball without being sticky, that is the right consistency. Turn off the heat then.
- Let the mixture cool down a little. Grease hands with ghee and butter, take a tablespoon of the peda mixture, roll it and press it to peda shape and decorate it with chopped nuts.
- Prepare pedas with rest of the mixture too.
I got about 30 pedas.(This depends on the size of the pedas)
- I have used 1/2 cup of cocoa powder for making this peda. But depending on how chocolate'y you want the dessert, you can add the cocoa powder from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
- This dessert is mildly sweet. If you want it more sweeter, then you can add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Then increase the milk quantity by another 1/4 cup (total of 1/2 cup).
- I have added Vanilla extract, you can also add almond extract. But you can also add 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder too.
- I have used chopped almonds to decorate the pedas. You can use cashews or pistachios too.
Here is the video of how to make Chocolae Peda