I have been posting capsicum recipes for the past three days. My daughter was so upset that I have been making capsicum everyday at home and to cheer her up I baked Strawberry muffins for breakfast yesterday. I have already posted strawberry muffin recipe with egg and also Strawberry banana muffins made in whole wheat flour. I usually follow either of the 2 recipes for baking strawberry muffins. But this time I wanted to bake without egg and tried this recipe. It came out so soft and spongy. Kids loved it. It is definitely a fool proof recipe for the perfect egg less strawberry muffin.
Strawberries, 1 cup (hulled and chopped)
All purpose flour, 1 1/4 cup
Corn flour, 1/4 cup
Sugar, 3/4 cup
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
Yogurt, 1/2 cup
Oil, 1/2 cup
Milk, 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
How to make Egg less Strawberry muffins?
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F. Prepare the muffin pans by greasing and flouring it or lining it with liners and keep it ready.
- In a bowl sift together all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda so that it is well combined.
- In another bowl, mix yogurt and sugar well, then to this add milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- To this mixture add the flour mixture little by little and keep mixing till all the flour is added and a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Hull the strawberries and chop them. Then coat them with a tablespoon of flour and add them to the batter and mix well.
- Pour this batter into the prepared muffin tins such that it is about 3/4th full.
- Bake them for about 15-20 minutes till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let them cool before removing from the baking pan and then serve.
It yields about 12 muffins.
- Baking time varies with oven check accordingly.
- Please make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.