I am going to share Baby corn Manchurian recipe today. I prepared the semi dry version and it can be served as an appetizer. This is a Indo Chinese recipe where baby corn fritters are tossed in a sweet,spicy,tangy sauce. I have already posted Gobi Manchurian and Mushroom Manchurian recipe before. I felt this is very easy to make and just that it is a little time consuming but it is totally worth it. My kids totally loved this baby corn manchurian. Even before the manchurian was ready, my kids kept gobbling the baby corn fritters as I was preparing them. I had to shoo them away to save them from finishing it before I could toss them in the sauce. Then they couldn't wait till I finished clicking the pictures. They loved the end product too. Some how this baby corn manchurian is a great hit at home. It can be served with Vegetable fried Rice or noodles or can be had just as an appetizer.
For baby corn fritters
Baby corn, 250 gms
All purpose flour, 6 Tablespoon
Corn flour, 3 Tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
Oil, to deep fry
To prepare sauce
Oil, 1 Tablespoon
Onion, 1 medium sized
Green chillies, 2 nos(slit)
Bell pepper/Capsicum, 1 medium sized
Ginger, about 1" long
Garlic, 4-5 cloves
Tomato ketchup, 1/4 cup
Soya sauce, 1 Tablespoon
Chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon
Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
Spring onions, 4-5 nos.
- Wash, clean and cut baby corn into bite sized pieces
- Dice onions and Capsicum.
- Finely mince garlic and ginger.
- Chop the spring onions. The bottom white part will be used for sauteing while the top green part will be used for garnishing.
How to prepare Baby Corn Manchurian?
- Prepare the batter for the fritters using the ingredients listed above. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. Put the baby corn in the batter such that it is fully coated with it.
- Heat oil and deep fry baby corn in small batches till they are slightly golden. Take them out of the oil and drain excess oil in paper towel. Once the baby corn fritters are ready, lets get ready to prepare the sauce.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the diced onions, slit green chillies and bell pepper and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Then to this add the bottom white part of spring onions, minced ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- To this add tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar and sprinkle some water and cook for couple of minutes.
- Then add the baby corn fritters to the sauce. Toss well such that all the fritters are coated well. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve it warm.
Serves 4-5 persons
- Add salt in moderation, as soya sauce has salt too. If salt is less, it can be adjusted later.
- Prepare the fritters in advance and the rest can be cooked just before serving. Because I feel it is the best when served warm.