The recipe I am going to share today is Baby Corn Pulao. It is a flavorful one pot meal made in pressure cooker. It is quick to make and perfect for packing lunches too. This baby corn pulao or pulav is mildly spiced and it can be served with raitha or any spicy side dish. I served it with mushroom masala.
|Baby corn Pulao|
Baby corn, 8 nos.
Basmati rice, 1 cup
Oil, 2 teaspoon
Fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon
Cloves, 3 nos
Cinnamon stick, 1 inch small piece
Bay leaf, 1 no
Cardamom, 1 whole
Onion, 1 small
Green chillies, 2 nos
Ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Mint leaves, 1 handful
Cilantro, 1 handful
Salt to taste.
How to make baby corn pulao?
- Wash and cut baby corn into bite sized pieces.
- Wash and drain basmati and keep it aside. In the meantime slice onions, slit green chillies, wash, chop cilantro and mint leaves to keep them ready.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Now add sliced onions and green chillies and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, and chopped baby corn, cilantro, mint leaves, along with turmeric powder and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Then add basmati rice and 1.5 cups of water along with required salt, mix well and close the lid and pressure cook it. When one whistle comes, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Wait till the pressure is released, gently fluff the rice and serve it warm.