Pallipalayam chicken fry is the easiest and delicious chicken fry made with few ingredients. Pallipalayam is a place near Erode and this dish is very famous around this region. Pallipalayam chicken also has its place in the menu of most of the South Indian restaurants. It can be either had as an appetizer or as a side dish for rice.
|Pallipalayam Chicken Fry|
Boneless Chicken, 1 lb
Oil, 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon
Pearl Onions, 10-12 nos (de-skinned and sliced)
Garlic, 4-5 cloves ( finely minced)
Dry red chillies, 8-10 nos.
Curry leaves, 1 sprig
Turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, as needed
Coconut (finely chopped bits), few (optional)
Cilantro, to garnish
How it is made?
- Clean chicken and keep it aside.
- De-seed the red chillies and break it into pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet, then add mustard seeds, when they crack, add red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute then add onions and garlic and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add cleaned chicken, turmeric powder and salt to taste and cook in medium low heat till the chicken is done. It does not require any water, if needed just sprinkle some water. Keep stirring in regular intervals.
- Cook till all the water is evaporated and chicken is dry. At the end, add chopped coconut and cilantro, mix well and turn off the heat.
|Erode Pallipalayam Chicken|
- You can also substitute chicken with bones for this recipe.
- Instead of pearl onions, you can also use shallots or red onions.
- Depending on the required spice level, increase or decrease the amount of red chillies.
- If you don't prefer chopped coconut bits in the chicken, you can add grated coconut too.