Kodi Vepudu is a spicy Chicken fry made in Andhra style. Kodi Vepudu is very flavorful and delicious, but it is very easy to prepare. First marinate the chicken with the required ingredients then cook till its done and water is evaporated, mix it with the prepared spice powder and garnish and serve. Isn't it so easy? You can serve this with Kodi Kura (Andhra style chicken curry) or with rasam and rice.
What are the ingredients needed?
Chicken, 1 lb
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder, 2 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
For spice powder:
Cloves, 4 nos
Cinnamon, 1" long
Cardamom, 4 nos
Whole black pepper, 1 teaspoon
Oil, 2 Tablespoon
Onions, 3 nos
- Clean, wash and marinate the chicken with ingredients listed under 'to marinate' for at least 30 minutes.
- Dry roast the ingredients listed under 'for spice powder' and powder it finely.
- Grind one onion into fine paste and keep it aside.
- Then slice the remaining onions, slit the green chillies and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add sliced onions, slit green chillies and curry leaves and fry till the onions turn slightly golden.
- Now add the ground onion and fry for a minute, then add the marinated chicken and little water (about 1/4 cup) cover and cook in medium low flame. The chicken will emit water, so cook till the chicken is done and all the water is evaporated. Keep mixing and scrapping the bottom of the skillet, so that it is not burnt.
- Then when the chicken is cooked and it is dry, then add the spice powder and mix well and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
|Spicy Andhra chicken fry|
- I have adjusted the spice level (amount of chilli powder, pepper and green chillies) to suit our taste buds. You can increase or decrease as per your preference.
- Optionally, you can add lemon juice (about 2 teaspoon) too while marinating.