Chicken curry recipe that I am posting today is semi-gravy i.e., it is neither gravy nor a dry curry but it is in between. This chicken curry can be had as a side dish for rice or roti. I made this chicken curry using pressure cooker. It is easy to make this flavorful chicken curry.
I made this Chicken curry as a part of Virtual treat for our dear friend Sangee Vijay's Birthday. This is her mom's recipe and she has mentioned that it is her most favorite chicken recipe, so I wanted to try this semi dry chicken curry for her. It was so delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed this flavorful chicken curry.
Happy Birthday, Sangee!!
What are the ingredients needed?
Chicken (with bones), 1 lb
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1 teaspoon
Salt, to taste.
To grind into fine powder
Cinnamon, 2" long piece
Cloves, 5 nos
Oil, 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves, 2 sprigs
Onions, 3-4 nos. (small sized,chopped about 1 1/2 cups)
Tomatoes, 3-4 nos (small sized, chopped about 1 1/2 cups)
Black Pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Cilantro, to garnish
|Semi-gravy chicken gravy|
How it is made?
- Clean, wash and marinate the chicken with listed ingredients under 'to marinate' for about 30 minutes.
- Grind cinnamon and cloves into fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds and when they crack, add curry leaves and fry for a minute. Then add chopped onions and fry till it turns translucent.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Then add the marinated chicken to this and mix well. Then add required salt and about 1/2 cup of water then mix well and close the lid and pressure cook it for a whistle, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Wait till the pressure releases and open the lid, mix it well, then add pepper powder mix well, garnish with cilantro and serve it.
|Flavorful Chicken curry|
- In the original recipe, chicken drumsticks were used. You can use that too.
- If you like spicy food, then increase the chilli powder to 2 teaspoon or more.