Hi friends, I am very happy to share a guest post to my lovely sis aka blogger Divya Prakash of Divya’s Culinary Journey. She is very super active blogger, jovial and down to earth person. She is very busy mom of her two adorable kids. I came to know her virtually a year back and we used to chat in FB for some times. As days goes, we became close to each other. I would like to share more about her, but I couldn’t find words, how to express my love to her. I really happy and blessed to be as her friend as well as sister, she is such a cute sis who always active and makes others happy around her. I am eagerly waiting to visit her soon.
I love her bakes much with beautiful frosting. Her recipes are always with elegant presentations and attractive photographs. Few days, back she asked me for a guest post no further delay, I accepted and started think some special recipes to her. After so many thinking and tried two recipes for her. But finally, I have chosen to share the healthy and delicious red rice flakes balls/Sivappu aval ragi malt ladoo.
I thought to use red rice flakes and recently I prepared homemade ragi malt drink powder, so I thought of add the powder to make the healthy and tasty ladoo. The ladoo really very good treat who having sweet tooth, it melts in mouth and we enjoyed the every bite of the cute ladoo. The ragi malt powder consists of cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios with dash of saffron and cardamom which was blended with ragi/finger millet.
Red rice flakes/Sivapu Aval/Red Poha – ½ Cup
Granulated Sugar – ¼ Cup
Ragi malt powder – 2 Tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
- Dry roast the red rice flakes till it heats well, but not brown. Switch off the flame and cool it and grind into smooth powder and keep it aside.
- Add sugar, ragi malt powder, cardamom powder into the blender and make smooth powder and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in pan; mean while mix the aval and sugar powder and mix it well.
- Add the hot ghee carefully, mix it with wooden spatula.
- Wear gloves and shape the ladoo while hot.
- Serve it