Honey Cake is a soft and moist cake made with honey and can be had as a snack cake with tea. This version of honey cake that I am posting today is egg-less and butter less. I have already posted Honey Cardamom Cake (it has both egg and butter), it is a hit among my friends and almost everyone has tried this cake and has given very good remarks. One of my friend loved the cake but she wanted egg-less version to try at home. So for her searched and got the recipe and tried it. The cake came out so soft and moist and tasted delicious.
Recipe Source: Indian Kitchen
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 1 cup
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Honey, 3/4 cup
Oil, 1/4 cup
Milk(lukewarm), 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Walnuts (chopped), 2-3 Tablespoons (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare the loaf pan by greasing and flouring it and keep it ready.
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey and milk till they are well blended. Then to this add oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and then finally add salt and combine well.
- Add this flour mixture little by little to the honey mixture and mix well to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle chopped nuts on top and then bake for 25- 30 minutes or until it is done. (To check insert tooth pick in the center has to come out clean).
- Let it cool slightly and then remove it from the pan. Wait till it is completely cooled, then slice and serve.
|Egg-less Honey Cake|
- Instead of walnuts, you can use any other nuts of your choice.
- Baking time varies with each oven and type of pan you use. I used a 9*5 loaf pan and it took 25 minutes for me.
- But this is just honey cake, to make it honey cardamom cake, you can add powdered cardamom to this cake and if you want, can add some tutti frutti too.
|Honey snack Cake|