Broccoli Fried Rice is a simple fried rice made using broccoli in Indo- Chinese style. Every one in our home loves Broccoli a lot, so I always look for different ways to incorporate it in our cooking. One lazy afternoon, I tried this Broccoli Fried rice for lunch. It took just minutes to prepare this delicious rice and so easy to prepare too. I wanted to blog about this easy broccoli fried rice and here I am posting the recipe.
|Broccoli Fried Rice|
Cooked Rice, 4 cups
Broccoli (washed and cut into florets), 2 cups
Oil, 2 Tablespoon
Onion, 1 no. (chopped)
Bell pepper, 1 no (diced)
Sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon
Green chillies, 2 nos (slit)
Garlic, 5 cloves (finely chopped)
Ginger, 1" long piece (finely grated)
Dark Soy sauce, 2 Tablespoon
Green Chilli sauce, 2 Tablespoon
Salt, as needed
Ground pepper, 1 teaspoon
Spring onion / Green onions, 4-5 nos.
|Easy Broccoli Fried Rice|
How it is made?
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the sesame seeds, then add the diced onions, bell pepper and slit green chillies and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the ginger, garlic and saute for a minute and add broccoli florets, salt to taste, mix well and lower the heat, cover and cook till broccoli is done. If needed, just sprinkle water.
- Then add the soy sauce, chilli sauce mix well, then add the cooked rice, ground pepper and mix gently. Check the salt and adjust accordingly.
- Finally garnish with spring onions and serve.
|Indo- Chinese style Broccoli Fried Rice|
- Make sure the rice is completely cooled before using it. If the rice is used warm, it may break and get mashed.
- Chop the spring onions, use the white part while sauteing onions. Then save the green part of spring onions for garnishing.
- Add salt in moderation, keeping in mind soy sauce has salt too.
- Adjust ground pepper, chilli sauce as per your heat tolerance level. If you want, you can omit green chillies too.