Today I am posting the recipe for Tutti frutti cake. It is a snack cake made with tutti frutti (candied fruits) and almonds. I am a great fan of tutti frutti and like adding it to everything when I get a chance. This cake can be Fruits and nuts cake when you can replace or add other dried fruits like dates, dried cranberries, raisins etc., and nuts of your choice too. This cake is similar to tea cakes served in the bakeries and also this tutti frutti cake is perfect to be served as snack with tea.
Recipe source: Paritha's World
What are the ingredients required?
All purpose flour, 2 cup
Baking powder, 2 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Butter, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1 cup
Eggs, 2 nos. (room temperature)
Vanilla extract, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Almond extract, 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Milk, 3/4 cup (room temperature)
Tutti frutti, 1 cup (mixed with a tablespoon of flour)
Chopped almonds, 1/4 cup
How it is made?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare the loaf pan by greasing and flouring it.
- In a bowl, combine together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and keep it aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar together until it is fluffy and then add eggs one by one and beat well. To this add vanilla extract and almond extract and mix well.
- To this mixture add flour mixture and milk alternatively and keep mixing till they are well blended.
- Finally add tutti frutti and chopped almonds and gently mix till they are fully incorporated.
- Now pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Slice the cake and serve.
- You can add or replace any other dry fruits or nuts of your choice too.
- As per the original recipe, instead of vanilla extract pineapple extract is used. Then the cake will be pineapple tutti frutti cake.
- Baking time varies with each oven. So check yours accordingly.
- Let the cake cool completely, then slice the cake, to get perfect slices of cake.