Happy New year Friends!! How did your new year celebrations go?? Ours went really great. I am beginning the new year with a cake recipe. I baked this cranberry coffee cake this morning. I had some fresh cranberries in hand and also didn't want anything with frosting. Also I had a bundt pan waiting to be used for the past 6 months. So this cranberry coffee cake ticked all the boxes so without any second thought I decided to bake this coffee cake. The cake came out really well. It is very rich, soft and moist and we all loved this cake.
|Cranberry Coffee Cake|
Recipe Source:Taste of home
What are the ingredients needed?
Cream cheese(room temperature), 1 package (8 oz)
Unsalted Butter (room temperature), 1 cup
Sugar, 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla extract, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Almond extract, 1/2 teaspoon
Eggs, 4 nos.
All purpose flour, 2cup + 1/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh Cranberries, 2 cups
Chopped Walnuts, 1/2 cup
|Coffee Cake with fresh cranberries|
How it is made?
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the bundt pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour to the cranberries and chopped nuts mix well.
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and butter till they are well blended. Then add sugar and mix well. Add vanilla extract and almond extract and mix till the mixture is smooth.Now add eggs one by one and beat well.
- To this mixture, gradually add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Finally fold in the cranberries mixture and mix till they are well blended.
- Pour this batter in the prepared bundt pan and bake for about 55-60 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Transfer it to wire rack, cool it completely.
- Then slice and serve it.
- I used fresh cranberries. You can also use frozen cranberries.
- Baking time varies with each oven. This cake took 55 minutes for me to be ready.
- Optionally, you can dust the cake with confectioner's sugar before slicing and serving it.