Today I am posting the recipe for Boondi Raitha. This is a very easy to make raitha,when boondi is readily available in hand. This raitha goes well with any pulao, biryani or paratha. I served this raitha for gobi paratha. I have already posted the recipe for basic onion raitha.
What are the ingredients needed?
Yogurt, 1 cup
Boondi, 1/2 cup
Cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
Cilantro, handful (finely chopped)
How it is made?
- Whisk the yogurt well such that it is smooth. If the yogurt is too thick, add some water to adjust the consistency.
- Then add the cumin powder, chilli powder, salt and whisk well.
- Finally right before serving, add the boondi and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve it.
|Raita using boondi|
- You can adjust the amount of boondi as per your personal preference.
- If the yogurt is too thick, then adjust its thickness by adding required water and whisking it thoroughly. Then proceed with the rest of the steps.
- You can also add pepper powder instead of chilli powder.
- You can add chat masala too, for additional flavor.