Mushroom Pulao is a simple, flavorful rice. It is easy to make and can be prepared quickly, which makes it ideal for preparing it on a busy day for lunch. If you want to cook something fancy, but not much time in hand, then this is the dish for you. My daughter is fond of mushrooms. So I have been cooking mushrooms often these days. Last week made Mushroom Manchurian and today for lunch made these Mushroom Pulao and served it with Raitha. Here I am now with the recipe
|Mushroom Pulao- Flavorful one pot meal.|
What are the ingredients needed?
Mushroom, 10 oz package (about 15-20 nos.)
Basmati Rice, 2 cups
Oil, 1 Tablespoon
Fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon stick, 1" long
Cloves, 4-5 nos
Cardamom, 4-5 nos
Bay leaf, 1 no.
Onion, 1 no. (thinly sliced)
Green Chillies, 2- 3 nos (depending on the heat tolerance level)
Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric Powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Salt, as required
Cilantro, to garnish
How it is made?
- Wash, clean and dice the mushrooms.
- Wash and drain basmati rice and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf and fry for a minute.
- Then add onion and green chillies and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and then the turmeric powder mix well and add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the rice, required water ( i used 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice), salt and mix well. Close the lid and pressure cook it till it is done. (I cooked it for a whistle and then lowered the heat and cooked to 5 minutes and turned off the heat.)
- Wait till the pressure is released. Then open the cooker, gently fluff up the rice, garnish with cilantro and serve it warm along with raitha.
It serves 4 adults.
- For the rice I use the ratio of 1:1.5 works just fine. Adjust water level as per the rice.
- If you are not looking for vegan option, you can fry 10-12 cashews in a tablespoon of ghee and add this to the rice and mix well.