Today I am sharing here the recipe of Mushroom Manchurian - Mushroom Fritters tossed in sweet, spicy and sour sauce. It can be served as an appetizer or can also served be along with Vegetable fried rice or noodles. It is easy to make, but a little time consuming (at least according to me. ;) ) and it is Vegan.
What are the ingredients needed?
For the fritters
Mushrooms, 10 oz Package (about 15-20 numbers)
All purpose flour, 1/2 cup
Corn Starch/ Corn flour, 2 Tablespoons
Chilli powder, 1 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
Oil, to deep fry
Oil, 2-3 tablespoon
Onion, 1 no.
Bell pepper, 1/2
Spring onion, 4-5 nos
Ginger, 2'' long (thinly sliced)
Garlic, 4-5 cloves (finely minced)
Tomato Ketchup, 1/4 cup
Soya Sauce, 1 tablespoon
Chilli sauce, 2 teaspoon
Corn flour mixture - 1 tablespoon of corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
Salt, to taste
How it is made?
- Wash clean and wipe the mushrooms. Then slice them.
- Mix the all purpose flour, corn flour, chilli powder and salt along with required water to prepare the batter. Make sure the batter is neither too thick nor too thin.
- To this add the sliced mushrooms, mix well such that the mushroom is coated well with the batter.
- Heat the oil and deep fry these mushrooms in medium heat till they are golden brown.
- Fry them in batches and drain excess oil in paper towel.
- Then heat oil, add onion, bell pepper and bottom white part of the spring onions, saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Then add Ginger and garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Now add required tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce and corn flour mixture and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now toss the mushroom fritters in the sauce. Mix well and cook for a minute or two and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve it warm.
- If you prefer more spicy you can add 1 or 2 green chillies. Adjust chilli powder to your personal preference.
- Add salt in moderation, keeping in mind that soya sauce has salt too otherwise it will become super salty. If salt is less can be adjusted later.
- You can prepare the mushroom fritters ahead of time and just before serving, can cook the rest and serve it. It tastes the best when served immediately.