Today's recipe is Tutti frutti (Candied fruit) Cookies- Ice box cookies. I was planning to bake these Tutti Frutti cookies from the day I got tutti frutti from the nearby Indian store. But was putting it off for different reasons. Today when I woke up in the morning I realized it is the day before Christmas and my daughter wanted cookies for Santa. So immediately I got into action and baked these cookies. They tasted absolutely delicious and with the tutti frutti they looked absolutely gorgeous. My kids loved these cookies. I hope Santa will like it too. :)
Recipe adapted from: Spice Club
What are the ingredients needed?
Butter, 1/2 cup
Icing sugar, 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Almond extract, 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
All purpose flour, 1 1/4 cup
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Tutti frutti (candied fruit) , about 1/2 cup
Milk, 2 Tablespoon
How it is made?
- Cream butter and icing sugar together.
- Then add vanilla extract and almond extract and mix well.
- Then add salt and gradually add all purpose flour and keep mixing.
- Then add milk and mix well.
- Finally add candied fruits (tutti frutti) and mix well till they are fully incorporated.
- The dough will be sticky. Using the wax paper roll the dough in the shape of a log.
- Place the log in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or in the freezer for about 1/2 an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Prepare the cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Then take out the log and slice it for about 1/2" thickness and arrange them in the cookie sheet.
- Bake them for about 10-12 minutes till the edges starts to brown.
- Transfer to wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Then store it in air tight container.
- Adding almond extract is optional.
- I love tutti frutti so I have added about 1/2 cup of it. You can reduce it if you prefer and add about 1/3 cup of it.
- The baking time varies with the thickness of the cookie slices.