Diwali celebrations are over and after loads of sweets and high calorie stuffs, now it is time for something healthy. Today I am posting a healthy tiffin item. I wanted to try some thing different and healthy, so I experimented making adai with Quinoa and Brown rice along with mixed lentils. They came out good and so here I am posting this healthy recipe.
|Quinoa Brown Rice Adai|
What are the ingredients needed?
To soak together
Quinoa, 1 cup
Brown rice, 1 cup
Whole Black gram/Ulunthu, 1/4 cup
Whole green gram/Paasi payaru, 1/4 cup
Toor dal/Pigeon peas/ Tuvaram paruppu, 1/4 cup
Split Chickpeas/ Chana dal/ Kadala Paruppu, 1/4 cup
Red Chillies, 5-6 nos(increase or decrease as per your heat tolerance level)
Ginger, about 1 inch long
Fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida, a pinch
Salt as required
Oil, as required
How it is made?
- Soak the ingredients listed under 'soak together' for atleast 3-4 hours.
- In the grinder, add a hand full of the soaked ingredients and then add the red chillies and chopped ginger and grind until they are mashed well. Then add the rest of the ingredients and grind to make a smooth batter adding required water. During the final stage, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt and run the grinder till they are evenly mixed.
- Transfer the batter into the container and keep it aside.
- Heat the griddle, pour a laddle full of batter and spread them in circular motion. Drizzle some oil. Cook for a minute or two, turn it to the other side, cook for another minute. Then remove from the griddle and serve.
- Using this adai batter, I made thin crispy adai. You can add chopped onions, cilantro and curry leaves to form thick adai too.
- Before soaking quinoa, make sure they are washed properly otherwise they will taste bitter.