Today I am sharing a simple recipe using bitter gourd. I have come across so many people who say they do not like bitter gourd because of its bitterness. But it has been my favorite vegetable. Even then I don't cook this veggie very often because the kids don't prefer bitter gourd. I wanted my kids to eat this Veggie so thought will try a simple chips the way my mom used to prepare, when I was a kid. So last week, I made this bitter gourd chips and my daughter just loved it. I served it with dal rice. It is so easy to make and requires only 4 ingredients. It is Vegan too.
Bitter gourd, 2- 3 nos
Oil, to deep fry
Salt, as needed
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon (or as needed as per heat tolerance level)
How it is made?
- Wash and wipe the bittergourd dry.
- Slice it very thin. You can remove the seeds in the centre of the bittergourd. It is optional though.
- Heat oil and deep fry the sliced bittergourd till they are crisp.
- Remove and drain the excess oil. Fry the remaining bittergourd slices.
- When they are still warm add required salt and chilli powder and mix well and serve.
It serves 3-4 persons.