Hello Friends, I am back with Banana Muffins that are egg less and butter less. I went into a kind of hibernation on the blogging side. It is due to my busy schedule with kids. It has been almost a week since I posted a recipe here. But today I got some motivation to post this recipe that has been sitting in my drafts for more than 2 weeks now. I had some over ripe bananas sitting in the kitchen counter, but didn't want to use egg and butter, so experimented and the muffins came out soft and delicious. Though I have already posted Banana Muffins (with Egg), Whole wheat banana Muffins and Whole wheat Strawberry banana muffins, I wanted to post this muffin recipe too. Do check the other recipes, if you are interested. Coming to today's recipe,
|Egg-less Banana Muffins|
What are the ingredients needed?
Large Bananas, 2 nos
All purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder, 3/4 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Yogurt, 1/2 cup
Oil, 1/3 cup
Milk, 2 tablespoons
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Almonds or any other nuts (chopped), 1/4 cup (optional)
|Banana Muffins- Egg less and Butter less|
How it is made?
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Prepare the greasing pan by applying oil and flouring it.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Mash the bananas well.
- Then in another bowl, mix yogurt and sugar well, then add oil and vanilla extract and mix well. To this add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture little by little to this and mix till they are fully blended. Then add the milk and the chopped almonds and mix well. (reserve some almonds/nuts to sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes till they are done(to check if the muffins are done insert a toothpick in the centre, the toothpick has to come out clean.)
- Then remove from the oven let it cool and remove from the pan.
- It yields about 12 muffins.
|Banana Muffins for Breakfast|
- You can use cupcake liners for lining the muffin pan instead of applying oil and flour.
- Instead of almonds any other nut of your choice can by used.
- Baking time is very important. Take care not to over bake the muffins. Then they will be dry.