It is Sunday today. I have already mentioned in earlier posts that Sunday our breakfast has mostly been Pancakes. It is the month of Puratassi I have tried other options for breakfast since I have not tried egg less version of Pancakes earlier. But I experimented with it and succeeded making egg-less Pancakes last Sunday. Even today when I tried, it came out really soft and fluffy. Hubby and kids loved it. So I definitely wanted to blog about it. I have already posted Basic Pancakes with egg. So today I am posting the egg-less version.
|Soft & Fluffy Egg-less Pancakes|
All purpose flour, 1 cup
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar, 2 Tablespoons
Milk, 1 cup (room temperature)
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Melted Butter, 2 Tablespoon(room temperature)
|Pancakes made without egg|
How it is made?
- In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar.
- Then add milk little by little to the flour mixture and mix well such that they are well combined.
- Then add the vanilla extract and melted butter and mix well.
- Heat the griddle, apply butter generously on the surface, pour a laddle full of batter and spread it.
- Wait till the bubbles form on the surface, then turn it to the other side and cook for a minute and then remove from the skillet.
- Serve it warm with maple syrup or honey.
|Egg-less Basic Pancakes|
- Ensure both milk and melted butter are at room temperature.
- While mixing make sure the batter is not over mixed then the pancakes wont come out fluffy.
- Every now and then apply butter to the surface of the griddle, so that the pancakes come out without sticking to the griddle.
- The temperature of the griddle is very important for even cooking.