Gobi Manchurian is a famous Indo chinese appetizer. Cauliflower florets covered in batter are deep fried and then tossed in spicy tangy sauce. It is very easy to make but it is time consuming. I prepare this cauliflower manchurian occasionally for special dinners or potlucks so never got to click and post it here. This time I was reserving the cauliflower for the manchurian, so I can post it here. I prepared this manchurian two days ago and here I am finally with my version of Gobi manchurian. Also it is Vegan, so posting this for the Vegan Thursday event.
Cauliflower, 1 medium sized
For the batter
All purpose flour, 6 Tablespoons
Corn flour, 3 Tablespoons
Rice flour, 1 Teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
Oil, as needed (to deep fry and for the sauce)
Onion, 1 small sized(chopped)
Bell pepper/ Capsicum, 1/2 (chopped)
Green Chillies, 2-3 nos.
Ginger, 1" long (grated)
Garlic, 4-5 nos.(finely chopped)
Tomato ketchup,1/4 cup
Soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon
Spring onions/ Green onions, 4- 5 nos.
How it is made?
- Cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Immerse them in hot water for 10-15 minutes. Then drain them and set them aside.
- Now prepare the batter. Combine all purpose flour, corn flour and rice flour along with chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and add water little by little to get the batter in the right consistency.
- Heat the oil. Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry them.
- Heat a skillet, add a tablespoon of oil, then add chopped onions. bell peppers, Green chillies and chopped white parts of the green onions and saute till the onions turn translucent. Then add the grated ginger and finely chopped garlic and fry for another minute.
- Now add ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce, sprinkle some water and mix them well then add the deep fried cauliflower florets and mix well so that they are well coated in the sauce.
- Garnish with the chopped green onions and Serve it warm.
- Take care to drain the cauliflower properly otherwise they would turn the batter watery.
- Adjust the chillies as per the personal heat tolerance level.
- Soya sauce has salt content in it, so adjust the salt accordingly.
Linking this to Vegan Thursday event hosted by Priya Akka.