Today I baked this Egg-less Vanilla sponge Cake for evening snack. Though I had baked this cake so many times before,it has never made it to the blog. But today I made sure that I clicked some pictures before we ate the cake. Also I didn't apply any frosting, just enjoyed the cake as is. But for special occasions this cake can be used as a base and can be frosted and decorated as you desire .
|Basic Eggless Vanilla Cake|
Coming to today's recipe- Basic Vanilla Egg-less Sponge Cake.
This Recipe is adapted from Sharmis passions
|Basic Eggless Cake Recipe|
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 1 1/4 cup
Corn starch, 1/4 cup
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Yogurt, 1 cup
Sugar, 3/4 - 1 cup
Baking powder, 1 1/4 tsp
Baking soda, 1/2 tsp
Milk, 1/4 cup
Oil, 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
|Basic Egg-less Vanilla Sponge Cake|
How it is made?
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare 9 inch round cake pan by greasing and flouring it.
- In a bowl, sieve together all purpose flour, corn starch and salt and set it aside.
- In another bowl, mix together yogurt and sugar. To it add the baking powder and baking soda and mix well and set it aside for about 5 minutes till it starts forming bubbles.
- Then add this mixture to the flour mixture along with oil, milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour this batter into the prepared and pan and bake for about 30- 35 minutes till the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from the cake pan and let it cool completely. Then you can decorate the cake or slice and enjoy!!
It yields a 9 inch round cake.
|Vanilla Sponge Cake (Egg-less)|
- Yogurt and milk has to be in room temperature.
- I used 3/4 cup of Sugar and it was mildly sweet. So adjust the sugar as per your personal preference. If you have a sweet tooth, then add 1 cup of sugar.
- Baking time varies with oven to oven. Mine took around 35 minutes. Check yours accordingly.
- If the cake is not perfectly baked (tooth pick is slightly sticky) then cover the cake with silver foil, lower the oven temperature to 325 F and bake for another 5 minutes.