Jeera Pulao is a simple cumin flavored rice. It is very quick and easy to make and it tastes best with most of the spicy gravies. I served it with Rajma masala (will post the recipe of Rajma masala soon) you can serve with other gravies of your choice too.
What are the ingredients needed?
Basmati Rice, 2 cups
Ghee+Oil, 1 tablespoons each
Cumin seeds, 2 teaspoon
Bay leaves, 1 no
Star Anise, 1 no
Cloves , 4 nos
Cinnamon, 1" long
Salt to taste
How it is made?
- Wash basmati rice and soak it in water for about 15 minutes then drain the water and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and ghee then add cumin seeds, bay leaves, Star anise, cloves, cinnamon and fry for a minute or two.
- Now add the soaked rice and required water, add salt mix well and then cover the lid and pressure cook it till rice is done.
- Then turn off the heat, let the pressure release. Gently fluff up the rice and serve with gravy of your choice.
- You can add onions and green chillies for extra flavor( in the step 2 saute and then continue to cook).
- When using pressure cooker for one cup of basmati rice I use 1 1/2 cup of water while using electric cooket the ratio will be for one cup of basmati rice I will add 2 cups of water.
- If using electric cooker, Follow step 2 in a skillet. Transfer the ingredients to the rice cooker, add required water, close and cook. genlty fluff the rice and serve.