Today I am posting the recipe of Chilli chicken made with boneless chicken. This dry version of chilli chicken can be served as an appetizer. This is my first indo-chinese post here. This boneless dry chilli chicken is also one of my favorites and usually order it when we go to restaurants. I tried recently at home and kids loved it too.
What are the ingredients needed?
Boneless Chicken, 1 lb( cleaned, washed and cut into cubes)
Corn flour, 1 tablespoon
All purpose flour, 2 tablespoon
Egg white, from 1 egg
Salt, to taste
Pepper, 1 teaspoon
Oil, as needed
Onion, 1 onion(chopped)
Green chillies, 2 nos (slit)
Bell pepper, half (diced)
Ginger, 1 tablespoon(finely grated)
Garlic, 1 tablespoon, (finely minced)
Tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons
Soya sauce, 1 tablespoon
Chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon
Vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli flakes, 1/2 teaspoon
Spring onions, to garnish
How it is made?
- Combine corn flour, all purpose flour,egg white, salt and pepper and then mix with chicken and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Then deep fry the chicken and drain excess oil and set it aside.
- In a pan, heat oil, add onions, green chillies, bell pepper and fry till onions turn translucent, then add ginger and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and red chilli flakes, mix well then add the fried chicken, check the salt (if needed, add a little) and mix well till they are well coated and fry for another 3-4 minutes till all the liquid evaporates and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve it warm.
|Chilli Chicken (Dry version)|
- Adjust the chillies, chilli flakes etc., as per the personal heat tolerance level.
- Adding egg white is optional for frying the chicken, you can replace it with besan. Add 2 teaspoon of besan with corn flour, all purpose flour,salt and pepper, add required water to make a smooth mixture and then marinate with chicken and proceed.