Today's recipe is a simple stir fry made with cauliflower. Cauliflower is one of my favorite and I love it in any form- stir fry, deep fried or even gravy. If interested, do check out Cauliflower Kurma that I have already posted.
|Cauliflower Stir fry|
What are the ingredients needed?
Cauliflower , small ( florets about 3-4 cups)
Oil, 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Red chillies, 3- 4 nos (torn into pieces)
Onion, 1 small(finely chopped)
Curry leaves, 1 sprig
Garlic, 3 cloves(finely minced)
Ginger, 1" long(grated)
Asafoetida, a pinch
Turmeric powder,1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste.
Green onions , as needed (to garnish) optional
How it is made?
- Wash and chop cauliflower into small florets.
- Immerse them in hot water for 5 minutes and then drain and set it aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when they crack add onions, red chillies and curry leaves and fry till onion turn translucent.
- Then add minced garlic, grated ginger and asafoetida and fry for a minute or two then add the turmeric powder, the drained cauliflower, add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook till it is tender. No need to add water.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve.
- Instead of red chillies, red chilli powder can be used.
- Adding green onions are optional and instead cilantro can be used.