Today I am posting a simple recipe- Onion Raitha. It is a perfect side dish to Biryani. I would rather say Biryani is incomplete without Raitha. Though there are different types of raitha, I am posting the basic onion raitha which can be whipped in seconds.
Medium sized Red Onion, 1 no.
Yogurt, 1 cup
Curry leaves, a sprig (optional)
Salt, to taste
Cilantro, a hand full
How it is made?
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Chop the curry leaves and cilantro.
- Whip the yogurt along with little water to get the desired consistency.
- Add the sliced onions, curry leaves and cilantro to the yogurt mixture, add salt to taste and mix well and serve.
- Adding curry leaves is optional but I like to add it because of its flavor. I just chop it into small pieces and add it.
- Some people add chopped green chillies too.