Today I am posting Brioche Rolls with Nutella. I got the recipe for this brioche rolls from Priya Akka's site. I baked this for a picnic , this brioche has a shiny beautiful crust and is soft on the inside with nutella filling makes it a perfect package for the picnic. Since I could not click this at home because of lack of time, I clicked few pictures on the picnic site. These brioche were delicious and was a hit.
Recipe source: Priya's Versatile Recipes
What are the ingredients needed?
All purpose flour, 3 cups
Active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon
Milk(luke warm), 1/2 cup
Egg yolks, 3 nos.
Sugar, 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1 tsp
Butter, 1/4 cup
For brushing, 1 egg yolk+ 1 teaspoon of milk
Nutella, as needed
How it is made?
- Combine, yeast, salt, a tsp of sugar and add it to luke warm millk. Mix it well and keep it aside till the mixture becomes foamy.
- In a bowl, combine flour, egg yolk, 1/4 cup sugar and gradually add the foamy yeast mixture knead for few minutes then add butter and knead this well for about 10 minutes.
- Cover this dough with a kitchen towel and set it aside in a warm place till it doubles its volume (for about 2 hours).
- Then knead the dough again for few minutes and divide it into 10 equal sized balls.
- Take a ball and dust it with flour and roll it into a rectangle, in top half of the rectangle, generously spread the nutella. and the bottom half, cut them into strips.
- Roll the nutella part gently and firmly and then the strips over them and pinch the ends so that they are nicely sealed. Repeat the process for all the dough balls. Arrange these prepared rolls in a baking tray such that the sealed edges are at the bottom and there are enough space between two rolls and they are not touching each other.
- Place these in a warm place for another one hour for second rising.
- Pre heat the oven. Then brush the broiche rolls with egg yolk and milk mixture and bake 20-25 minutes till the crust turns golden.
- Take them out and let it cool and then enjoy.
- Instead of using all purpose flour, you can use bread flour too.
- The temperature of milk is very important while adding yeast. It should be lukewarm. If it is too hot then it will kill the yeast, too cold wont make the yeast work.
- You can also use jam instead of nutella for the filling.