Today I am posting Banana Paniyaram, Indian version of Aebleskivers. I tried this recipe from my friend Preeti's site. Her site is full of great recipes with interesting combination and amazing photographs. Though I have bookmarked a lot of recipes from her site, for now I tried out this simple snack. This is a easy to make snack, which can be prepared instantly and also it requires few ingredients. My kids loved this and they gobbled it, as I took it from paniyaram pan (couldn't wait for it to cool down too). If you have ripe bananas, hungry kids and not much time, then this is the snack for you.
Recipe Source: Indian Kitchen
What are the ingredients needed?
Ripe Bananas, 2 nos (Peeled and Mashed)
All Purpose flour, 2 cups
Rice flour, 2 Tablespoons
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Oil, as needed
|Quick and easy paniyaram made with bananas|
How it is made?
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients, add required water and mix such that the batter is in the consistency of idly batter. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now heat the paniyaram pan, grease each mould with oil and then pour batter in each mould and cover and cook, turn it to the other side and cook till it is done.
- Check if the paniyaram is done, by inserting a fork. Then remove from the pan.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Enjoy when it is warm.
|Vegan Banana Aebleskivers|
- Adjust the sweetness to your personal taste. I reduced the sugar to half compared the original recipe. If you have sweet tooth, then increase the sugar.
- If interested, do check out the other paniyaram recipes I have posted already.