Today is our dear friend Vardhini's birthday who blogs at Cooks Joy. When I started blogging she was one of the bloggers whom I looked with much respect and admiration. She is so versatile and her blog contains all types of vegetarian recipes in different cuisine and also lot of baked goodies. Also I love her pictures. She is also a very wonderful person and am so glad that I got her friendship. I really admire how she balances work and family, still she finds time for blogging. Birthdays are meant to be celebrated and we friends have planned for virtual birthday treat to her.
Happy Birthday Vardhini!!
I selected Strawberry Granita from her space for the celebration. Since it is summer and very hot outside, something cold will always be welcome. I would say it is quick to make too , that is it takes only few minutes to prepare but the idle waiting time in the refrigerator for it to set is more. This is very easy to make and so delicious and my kids just loved it.
Recipe source: Cooks Joy
What are the ingredients needed?
Strawberries, cleaned, hulled & chopped, 1 1/2 cups
Sugar, 1/4 cup
Water, 1/2 cup
Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
How it is made?
- In a blender first add water and sugar and blend till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then add the strawberries and lemon juice to the sugar-water mixture and blend till it is a smooth.
- Transfer this mixture into a freezer safe bowl preferably stainless steel, since scraping is involved for making the granita.
- Place it in the freezer and after 3 hours when it is partially frozen, take it out and scrape using fork and place it back in freezer for atleast 8 hours preferably over night.
- Just before serving scrape it again using fork in all the sides.
- Scoop the granita to the desired serving dish and serve.
I have posted one more granita recipe, Mocha Granita sometime back. If interested, do check it out.