I am so happy to share with you that our site has crossed over 5 lakh views now. It was possible only with your constant support my dear friends. A Big Thanks to All my friends, readers and fellow bloggers!! So to celebrate, I am sharing a dessert today, Semiya Payasam/ Vermicelli Kheer. It is a sweet pudding made with vermicelli, milk and loaded with raisins and cashew. A comforting dessert prepared for any festival or even served in a special meal.
What are the ingredients needed?
Vermicelli, 1/2 cup
Whole Milk, 3 cups
Sugar, 3/4- 1 cup
Condensed milk, 1/4 cup (optional)
Cardamom, 5 nos
Ghee, 2 Tablespoons
Raisin, 12 nos.
Cashew, 6- 7 nos.
How it is made?
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee and roast vermicelli in it till it turns slightly golden.
- To this then add 3 cups of milk and cook in low flame, till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Then add the sugar and mix well. If you are using condensed milk, add it to the kheer now.
- Crack open the cardamom and powder the seeds along with sugar, discarding its skin.
- Add this to the kheer and mix well.
- Finally fry cashews and raisins in a tablespoon of ghee and add to it to kheer and mix well.
- Serve it warm or chilled.
- The kheer thickens as it cools down and rests, if needed you can adjust the consistency.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your personal taste.
- If you are using condensed milk, add sugar accordingly.
- The amount of nuts and dry fruits can be added as per your personal preference too. You can also add almonds and pistachios.
- Though the kheer can be had warm, personally I feel the kheer made ahead in time and served chilled tastes better.