Today's recipe is a simple Salad- Chickpea Cucumber Salad. It is very easy to make and is healthy. It is light and refreshing and is perfect for summer.
What are the ingredients needed?
Cooked Chickpeas,1 cups
Cucumber(peeled, diced), 3/4 cup
Onion(finely chopped), about 2-3 Tablespoon
Carrot (grated), 1/4 cup
Cilantro, (finely chopped),about 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice, 2 tablespoon
Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
Salt, as needed
Ground pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Soak Chickpeas for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight and pressure cook it. Drain any excess water and keep it aside.
- Peel the cucumber, scoop out the seeds and dice them.
- Chop the onions, grate the carrots, and chop the cilantro.
How it is made?
- Prepare the dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, salt and ground pepper.
- In a bowl add cooked and drained chickpeas, diced cucumber, grated carrot, onion and cilantro and mix well.
- Then to this add the dressing and mix well .
- It is ready to serve.
Serves 2 persons.
|Healthy Vegan Summer Salad|
- The ratio of the ingredients can be adjusted as per your personal taste.
- You can also use canned garbanzo beans. Drain, rinse and use.
- You can make the salad ahead, refrigerate and serve it chilled.