Today's recipe is Avarakkai Poriyal. A simple stir fry made with Indian Broad beans. It is so easy to make and is Vegan.
What are the ingredients needed?
Avarakkai/ Indian Broad beans, 1 lb
Oil, 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon
Channa Dhal/ Kadala paruppu, 1 tablespoon
Onion, 1 (Small) ,thinly sliced
Green Chillies, 2 nos , slit
Curry leaves, 1 sprig
Grated coconut, 2-3 tablespoons
Salt, to taste
|Indian Broad beans Stir Fry|
How it is made?
- Wash, clean and dice Avarakkai/ Broad beans.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds and when they crack add channa dhal and fry for a minute.
- Then add sliced onions, slit green chillies and curry leaves and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Then add the diced avarakkai and required salt, mix well and lower the heat, cover and cook till it is done.
- When it is cooked, turn off the heat, add the grated coconut, mix well and serve.
- Instead of channa dhal, you can use urad dhal too, or even the combination of both.
- Increase/decrease the quantity of green chillies as per the personal heat tolerance level. You can use red chillies instead of green chillies too.