Today's recipe is Strawberry Banana Muffins.I had ripe bananas and strawberries at home and My kids love muffins.So decided to bake muffins in that combination. I wanted them to be healthy so used whole wheat flour. The muffins were so soft, moist and delicious. Kids loved these muffins and they got over the same day of baking.
|Whole wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins|
What are the ingredients needed?
Whole wheat flour, 1 cup
All purpose flour, 1/4 cup
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Low fat yogurt, 1/4 cup
Light brown Sugar, 1/4 cup
Honey, 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Strawberries(hulled & diced), 1 cup
Ripe Bananas, 2 nos.
|Egg-less Strawberry Banana Muffins|
How it is made?
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the muffin pan by greasing and flouring it or just by using paper liners. Keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of the bananas, mash them well and keep them ready.
- In a bowl, first combine together all the dry ingredients(Whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt).
- In another bowl mix together yogurt, light brown sugar, honey, oil, milk, vanilla extract and mix well.
- To this mixture add the flour and mix well.
- Then add the mashed bananas and strawberries and mix till they are combined well.
- Pour this batter in the prepared pans till they are 3/4th cup full and bake for 15- 20 minutes till they are done (to check if it is done, insert the tooth pick and it has to come out clean).
- Let the muffin cool for few minutes before removing from pan.
- Remove from the pan & Enjoy the muffins.
It yields 12 muffins.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the muffins as per your taste.
- Oven timings varies with oven, check yours accordingly.