Today I am sharing with you egg-less version of Chocolate cake. Recently my Mom's birthday came and I wanted to bake a cake for her. Though she is India and am here in US, at least wanted to give her a visual treat, She loves chocolate a lot, so baked a chocolate cake. I have already posted Chocolate cake with egg but this time tried an egg less version. The cake came out so soft and moist. I baked a single layer cake and covered it with chocolate ganache. It is definitely a treat for the chocolate lovers.
Recipe Source: Chow times
What are the ingredients needed?
All Purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Cocoa Powder, 1/4 cup
Brewed coffee, 1 cup
Sugar, 1 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon
Oil, 1/4 cup
How it is made?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the cake pan by greasing it and flouring it or instead line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl ,sift the dry ingredients( All purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt) together. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (brewed coffee, vanilla extract, lemon juice and oil) with sugar, till the sugar is completely dissolved
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour this batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 15- 20 minutes till the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool and remove it from pan.
- The cake is ready for decorating. If not decorating, can slice and serve now.
Semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup
Heavy whipping cream, 6 tablespoons
Butter, 1 tablespoon
How it is made?
- Cook the chocolate chips and whipping cream in the top of a simmering water, add butter, stirring occasionally till it is warm, smooth and shiny.
- Let this ganache cool down lightly, then spread this evenly on the cake.
- You can double the recipe, if you are planning for a double layer cake.
- The original recipe used vinegar instead of lemon juice. You can use vinegar too.
- If you don't prefer adding brewed coffee, you can add water instead. But I feel coffee enhances the chocolate flavor.
- You can decorate as per your personal preference.