Blogging has got me a lot of good friends. One such wonderful friend is Shama Nagarajan . Today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Shama!! We friends have decided to throw a virtual birthday party to her. Each of us have picked one sweet dish from her blog and are giving this virtual treat to her. I picked Rava paniyaram from her blog.
This is a sweet version of rava paniyaram. It is very easy to make and delicious and is ready in minutes. The original recipe involved deep frying but I mostly avoid deep fried stuff, so made them in the paniyaram pan/ aebleskiver pan.
|Sweet Rava Paniyaram|
Recipe Source:Shama's Easy 2 Cook Recipes
What are the ingredients needed?
Rava/sooji 1 cup
All purpose flour, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Baking soda, a pinch
Oil, as required.
|Inippu ravai paniyaram|
How it is made?
- Soak rava in water for 10- 15 minutes.
- Then mix all the ingredients and prepare the batter. Take care the batter is not too thick or watery.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, pour oil in each mold and pour the batter, cook in low flame, turn it to the other side cook till its done.
- Remove from the pan and serve it warm.
- As per the original recipe you can deep fry the paniyaram too. Heat oil, then pour the batter in the oil, fry till it is golden brown and serve.
- You can adjust the sweetness, as per your preference.