Today's recipe is Mango Chocolate Marble Cake. I baked this for the Home baker's Challenge started by Priya Akka. Last month I hosted the event and the challenge was Pizza . This month my friend Sangee is hosting the event and she selected Mango chocolate Marble cake for this month. She suggested both cake with egg and cake without egg. To know more about Home Bakers Challenge click here.
I chose to bake the egg less and butter less version. The Cake came out so soft and delicious, only thing is that I couldn't get the marble pattern right. We all enjoyed the cake a lot. Thanks to Sangee for the wonderful challenge.
|Eggless Butter less Mango Chocolate Marble Cake|
What are the ingredients needed?
All Purpose flour, 2 cups
Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Oil, 1/4 cup
Light Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
Mango Pulp, 1 cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Yogurt, 1/4 cup
Milk, 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder, 3 Tablespoon
Warm water, about 2 tablespoons
|Soft and delicious Mango Chocolate Cake|
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the loaf pan by greasing it and flouring it. Or you can grease and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sift together the dry ingredients( all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and Salt) and keep it aside.
- Then in another large bowl, first add oil and sugar, mix and then add mango pulp, milk, yogurt, vanilla extract and mix well.
- To this mixture add the flour mixture and mix well.
- In a small bowl, take cocoa powder and add warm water and mix to make a paste.
- Divide the cake batter into two and add cocoa paste to one half and mix well till it is well combined.
- Then in prepared cake pan first pour the mango batter and then the mango cocoa batter and make swirls.
- Bake for about 50 minutes till the cake is done. You can check the done-ness of the cake by inserting the tooth pick, it has to come out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, remove from the pan and let it cool completely before slicing it.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
|Mango Chocolate Marble cake- Egg less & Butter less|
- You can use fresh mango pulp instead of the canned mango pulp. Since I used the canned pulp, I got a bright color. Color may not be as bright when using the fresh pulp. It depends on the variety of mango you use.
- I used sweetened canned mango pulp, so used only 1/2 cup of sugar. If you are using fresh mango pulp, adjust sweetness accordingly.
- Baking time varies with each oven. My cake was ready in 50 minutes. Check yours accordingly.
- Wait till the cake cools completely before slicing it.
- I used 9 inch loaf pan. Instead of it, you can use other types of cake pan too.
This is off to the Home Bakers Challenge @ Spicy Treats