Today's recipe is Mango Kulfi. The weather is getting warm here and It feels nice to have something cold. Recently I came across this recipe from Nalini's site. I had all the ingredients and was easy to make. So decided to give it a try. Wow! It was so yummy & we all loved it.
What are the ingredients needed?
Milk, 2 1/2 cups
Condensed milk, 1/2 cup
Milk powder, 1/4 cup
Cardamom, 3-4 nos.
Sugar- 2 Tablespoons
Mango Pulp, 1 cup
How it is made?
- Powder the cardamom along with sugar and set it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, mix milk, condensed milk, milk powder without any lumps, heat it and bring it boil, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, add the powdered cardamom mix well & Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Once it is completely cooled, mix mango pulp to this and pour the mixture into the kulfi/popsicle mould and freeze it for 6-8 hours for it to set completely.
- Un mould the kulfi and serve.
- I have used sweetened condensed milk and sweetened canned mango pulp, so except for powdering the cardamom, I have not added any extra sugar.
- In case if you are using fresh mango pulp, then add sugar according to your taste.
- To un mould the kulfi, run it in tap water for 30 seconds and pull them gently.