We a group of food bloggers started a new event and named it as Vegan Thursdays, this event starts from today. The main motto of this event is to share vegan dishes from any cuisine. Most of our Indian foods are vegan, obviously most of our daily routine foods we make or eat are vegan without our knowledge.1) Sangee 2) Manjula 3) Nalini 4) Vardhini 5) Viji 6) Priya Akka 7) Nayana 8) Sujitha
Vegan'ism means abstaining from the use of animal products. Vegan peoples do not use dairy products,eggs,and any other animal derived substances like honey in their cooking.So we a bunch of food bloggers will be showcasing our vegan foods during Thursdays this event will held twice a month. We will be posting the first week's Thursday and last week's Thursday of every month. This Vegan Thursday do not have any theme and the choice of the recipes prepared by each blogger being part of this event depend upon their choice.
Anyone interested in joining us, please leave your email id in the comment section and we will contact you.
So for this event, I made Aloo Methi- Potatoes cooked with Fenugreek leaves. Who does not like potatoes? The potatoes get an incredible flavor from the fenugreek leaves. Also these are healthy. They can be a wonderful side dish almost for anything, be it rice or rotis.
Potatoes- 3-4 nos (medium sized-peeled & chopped to cubes)
Fenugreek leaves- 2 cups (cleaned & Chopped)
Onion - 1 small sized (chopped)
Oil, 1 Tablespoon
Cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Dry red chillies, 2-3 nos.
Asafoetida, a pinch
Garlic, 3-4 cloves(finely minced)
Ginger, 1 small piece(finely minced)
Turmeric Powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder, 1 teaspoon
Salt, to taste.
Amchoor Powder, 1/2 teaspoon(optional)
How it is made?
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds and then add red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Then add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and asafoetida and saute for few more minutes.
- Then add the turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Coriander Powder and chopped potatoes, mix well. Then add salt to taste, mix well, sprinkle some water and cover and cook till the potatoes are half cooked.
- Then add chopped and cleaned fenugreek leaves, mix well and sprinkle some more water(if needed), check the salt and cover and cook till it is completely cooked.
- Then add amchoor powder, mix well and serve.
- If you dont prefer onion, garlic, ginger you can avoid them.
- Adding amchoor powder is optional.
- You can also prepare aloo methi in this method-
- Boil, peel and cube the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a skillet, fry cumin seeds, chillies, asafoetida and other listed ingredients.
- Then add the fenugreek leaves, mix well, cover and cook.
- To this add the chopped potatoes and mix well, cook for 2 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
Please Hop on to check what our other friends have cooked for Vegan Thursdays
Linking this Viji's Show your style to the world- Series 4