We are pasta fans and I keep trying different combinations each time. Since I make pasta often at home, I keep it simple and mostly make them without cheese. Recently I posted another easy pasta recipe- Lemon Garlic Pasta. Today's recipe is Spinach Pasta. I have posted Spinach Rice too with similar combination.
What are the ingredients needed?
Pasta, 1/2 lb
Olive oil, 2-3 teaspoon
Cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Onion, 1 no.(small)
Garlic, 3-4 cloves
Dried red chillies, 2-3 nos.
Spinach, 1 1/2 cup (cleaned and chopped)
Ground pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, to taste.
How it is made?
- Cook pasta as per package instructions. Once they are cooked, drain them and set them aside.
- Chop the onions and mince the garlic and keep them ready.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds and dry red chillies fry for a minute. Then add the chopped onions and minced garlic and saute for few minutes.
- Then add the spinach and salt to taste and cover and cook in low flame till the spinach is cooked.( It takes only few minutes)
- Then add the cooked pasta to this and add the ground pepper mix well and serve.
- I have used angel hair pasta. You can use other types of pastas too.
- While cooking pasta, add salt and oil to the water.
- Adding dried red chillies are optional. You can omit it if you don't prefer it.
- Instead of fresh spinach, you can use frozen spinach too.