At least once in a week I make Pasta at home. But since I usually make them for dinner (I couldn't click pictures) I have not posted any recipe here except Linguine pasta made with Cilantro Almond Pesto. I like to experiment with ingredients and ended up with this simple recipe that I am posting today. It is quick and easy to make and is light, refreshing and also is Vegan.
What are the ingredients needed?
Pasta, 1/2 lb
Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
Onion, 1 no.
Green Chillies, 2 nos.
Garlic, 7-8 cloves
Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice, from half lemon
Salt, as needed
How it is made?
- Cook Pasta as per the package instructions. Then drain it and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add Chopped onions, green chillies, chopped garlic and fry for few minutes till the onions turn translucent.
- Then add Italian seasoning and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and mix well.
- Then turn off the heat and add the lemon juice mix well and serve.
- I have used angel hair pasta here.
- You can add fresh herbs like basil, parsley to the pasta.
- You can also add roasted nuts like almonds or pine nuts too.
- Instead of green chillies, you can add ground black pepper too.