I love milk sweets a lot, especially doodh peda. The traditional method of making them consumes a lot of time. But I came across this quick and easy version at Reshmi's space and I wanted to try it immediately. It is so simple and easy to make and it requires just 3 ingredients. How awesome is that? It came out wonderful and it tasted delicious.
Recipe Source: Easy Cook
What are the ingredients needed?
Unsalted Butter(room temperature), 1/4 cup
Condensed milk, 1 can
Milk Mava Powder, 2 cups
Pistachios/ any nuts of your choice- for garnish
How to make doodh peda?
- In a heavy bottomed pan, melt the butter.
- Then mix the condensed milk and milk powder little by little such that it doesn't have any lumps.
- In low heat, keep stirring continuously until the mixture becomes thick and comes off from the sides.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool lightly until the mixture is warm enough to handle.
- Grease your hands, and make small balls and shape them to discs and press a pista or any nut of your choice in it.
- I got around 20 pedas.
- Let them cool completely. Store them in an airtight container and enjoy.
- The original recipe called for milk powder, but I had milk mava powder at home so used it. So you can use milk powder too.
- Take care not to over cook the mixture. Then it turns dry and it cracks and peda wont be smooth.
- I used a tablespoon measure to scoop the mixtures, such that all pedas are of same size.