I was once a person who was not so fond of soups. But recently I have developed liking for soup and every now and then I make it at home. But of course I have not blogged about them. Yesterday I made carrot soup for my guests and they were so good I couldn't resist myself from blogging about it. This is a very healthy soup and also very easy to make. Here is the recipe for Carrot soup which I have made without using any vegetable stock. So you don't need any special ingredients, just can make with the ingredients that are readily available in the pantry.
What are the ingredients needed?
Carrots, 4 nos.
Olive oil, 2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Onion (large), 1 no.
Ginger(grated), 1 tablespoon
Green chillies, 2 nos.
Water, 2 1/4 cup
Milk, 1/2 cup
Cilantro, to garnish
How to make carrot soup?
- Wash, clean and cut the carrots into small cubes.
- Peel the onions and chop them too.
- Slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry for a minute or two, then add onions and green chillies and saute till the onions turn slightly brown.
- Then add the grated ginger and carrots and add salt for the carrots and 1/4 cup of water and cover & cook in low flame till the carrots are cooked.
- Then add another 2 cups of water and boil for few minutes and add 1/2 cup of milk and continue to simmer for another 3-4 minutes and turn of the heat.
- Then transfer the contents into a blender, puree them.
- Serve garnished with Cilantro.
Serves 4 persons.