Today is International Women's day. I wish all my friends, Readers and fellow bloggers, Happy womens day. To celebrate the occasion, today's recipe is Vanilla cupcakes with rose flavored butter cream frosting. Since I added rose flavor to the frosting, I tried to make rose design on top of the cupcakes. I got the inspiration for it from my friend Priya who recently posted Rose cake , which she made for her anniversary in her blog.
Recipe :Joy of Baking
What are the ingredients needed?
For the cupcakes
All purpose flour, 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
Butter, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 2/3 cup
Eggs, 3 nos.
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Milk, 1/4 cup
For the Rose Butter cream frosting
Powdered Sugar(Icing sugar)- 2 cups
Butter, 1/2 cup
Rose essence, 1 teaspoon
Milk, 2 table spoons
How it is made?
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F
- Prepare the cupcake pan by lining with paper liners and keep them ready.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Using a beater, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add eggs one by one and continue beating. Then add vanilla extract and beat.
- Now to this mixture add the flour mixture, alternating with milk and mix until they are well combined.
- Pour this batter into the prepared cupcake pan dividing equally in each cup and bake for 15-17 minutes until they are done.
- Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
Butter cream frosting
- With hand mixer or electric mixer, cream butter until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Then add the rose essence and continue to mix.
- Reduce the speed and little by little add powdered sugar and continue beating. Scrape the edges.
- Then add milk and rose color and continue to beat at high speed till the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Before applying the frosting make sure that the cakes are completely cooled.
- I used Wilton 1M star tip to make the rose. Gently place the tip in the centre and make swirls around to form the rose pattern gently rotating the cupcake.
- You can make design as per your choice too.
- I added some sprinkles and colored sugar too.
- Please make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.
- While baking please make sure the cake is not over baked. The timings in oven varies with each oven.
- For making vanilla frosting instead of rose essence you can use vanilla extract and the color can be of your choice.