Tandoori chicken is traditionally made in the tandoor (clay oven), but it can be easily prepared at home in the oven. Today I am posting the easy Tandoori Chicken recipe. We love Tandoori chicken a lot. In India, whenever we go to restaurant, this will be the first one we order. But after coming here, we rarely visit any Indian restaurants, so started making this tandoori chicken at home. Though I have made this so many times I couldn't blog about it because I couldn't click any pictures. So this time I didn't want to miss it. Though I made it in the night only, I managed to click few pictures. But it was tough with poor lighting and 3 pairs of hungry eyes watching me. So bear with the quality of the pictures.
What are all the ingredients needed?
Chicken legs, 4 nos.
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder, 2 teaspoon
Cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala, 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste, 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice, from half lemon
Salt as needed
Orange food color, as needed
Oil, as needed
Melted Butter, 2 tablespoon
How it is made?
- Wash and Clean the chicken legs and make slits on it and keep it ready.
- Then in a bowl combine yogurt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, salt, food color and lemon juice. Apply this marinade to the prepared chicken legs till they are fully covered in the marinade.
- Cover it and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours- 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare the baking tray by covering it with silver foil and apply oil to it.
- Then arrange the marinated chicken in the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Then using thong, turn it to the other side and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Then apply melted butter over the chicken and broil for about 3 -5 minutes till you get the charred effect on the chicken.
- Remove it from the oven. Arrange it in the serving tray and garnish it as desired and serve it warm.
|Tandoori chicken in oven|
- I used 4 chicken legs. You can use other part of the chicken too. But make sure it is de-skinned and has bones.
- The more time it marinates the better. So prepare ahead for this dish.
- Before arranging in the oven make sure you shake off the excess marinade from the chicken.
- Oven timings varies with each oven. So check yours carefully.
- While the chicken is in the broiling mode stay near the oven watching it. When it is just right remove it from the oven immediately. There was once I was away, the smokes started to come, making the smoke alarm beep. But Thank god chicken was not affected. So when the chicken is in the oven in broiling mode have an eye on it.