My today's recipe is Mint Peas Pulao. I had lot of mint leaves and I wanted to use them up. So I was looking for a easy and flavorful rice made with mint. I remember seeing Mint Peas Pulao at Nalini's space. I tried this for lunch and it came out wonderful. We all loved it. Here is the recipe.
Recipe Source: Nalini's Kitchen
What are the ingredients needed?
To grind to paste
Mint leaves, (cleaned and chopped), 1 1/2 cup
Coconut(grated), 3 Tablespoons
Green Chillies, 3 nos.
Basmati Rice, 2 cups
Oil, 2-3 teaspoons
Fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Bay leaves, 1 no.
Cloves, 4 nos.
Cinnamon, 1" small piece
Star Anise, 1 no
Onions, 1 large
Ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon
Green Peas, 1 cup
Garam masala, 1 teaspoon
Cashew, 7-8 nos.
Ghee, 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
How it is made?
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 20 minutes.
- Grind the mint leaves, green chillies and coconut into a fine paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a cooker pan and add fennel seeds, bay leaves, cloves,cinnamon, star anise and fry for a minute or two.
- Then add onions and fry till they turn translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste and the ground paste and also garam masala and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Then add the green peas, soaked rice and add 3.5 cups of water , then add the salt to taste and pressure cook it.
- Fry cashews in ghee and keep them ready.
- Once the pressure is released add the fried cashews along with ghee and gently mix it.
- Serve it warm along with raitha.
- I used frozen green peas. In case if you have dried green peas, soak them atleast 4 hours ahead before cooking.
- Once it is cooked, you can add some lemon juice gently mix and serve.