Today's recipe is Kadai Mushroom. We all love mushroom and I prepare it often at home but still I have posted only one recipe using Mushroom- Mushroom Cabbage Pulao. So I wanted to make something in mushroom specially for the blog and chose this dish since it is so easy to make and tastes delicious almost similar to the one you get in the restaurants. Over to the recipe,
What are the ingredients needed?
Onion(large), 1 no
Bell Pepper, 1 no
Tomatoes(large) , 2 nos
Oil, 2-3 teaspoon
Cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder, 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder, 2 teaspoon
Garam masala, 1 teaspoon(optional)
Kasoori methi, 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Cilantro, handful to garnish
How it is made?
- Wash, clean and slice mushrooms.
- Dice onions, tomatoes and bell pepper and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds, then add chopped onions and fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Then add bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, and powders like turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, coriander powder,garam masala(if using) mix well and let it cook for few minutes till the tomatoes turn mushy and cooked.
- Now add the mushrooms, salt and required water (according to the required consistency) and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes . Then crush kasoori methi leaves and add to this and simmer for few more minutes till the required consistency is achieved.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve warm
This serves 4-5 persons
- I have chopped the tomatoes and added here. If you want you can puree the tomatoes and add too.
- You can adjust the spice levels according to your taste.