Today's recipe is a very simple recipe. It is Egg bhurji. You can also call it Muttai masala Poriyal in Tamil. It is basically the Indian style scrambled eggs. It is very easy to prepare and also can be made in a jiffy. It can be served with rotis/ chappathis or even with bread. I like to have it with Rice and Rasam.
What are the ingredients needed?
Eggs- 3 nos.
Onion- 1 large
Tomato- 1-2 nos. (depending on the size)
Oil, 2-3 teaspoon
Green Chillies, 2 nos
Grated Ginger, 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, to taste
How it is made?
- Beat eggs and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion, green chillies and capsicum and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and ginger, cook for few minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, Chilli Powder and cumin Powder and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add salt mix well and add the beaten eggs and keep stirring till the eggs are cooked.
- Serve it warm.
It serves 4 persons.
- Adjust the spice level as per your personal preference.
- If you want you can add garam masala too.
- I have used Roma tomatoes. I usually do not prefer adding juicy tomatoes. If you want, you can skip adding tomatoes too.